Суббота, 20.04.2024, 01:07
Приветствую Вас Гость |

Flow Island

Личные сообщения() · Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » ~~ FLOW ~~ » Информация » Оценки и комментарии песен (Взято с сайта http://uhsieh.wordpress.com/)
Оценки и комментарии песен
KonaДата: Вторник, 04.01.2011, 17:51 | Сообщение # 1
Oresama
Награды: 8
Статус: Offline
FLOW – DAYS

The first time when I watched 「交響詩篇エウレカセブン」(Eureka 7), I was immediately hooked by the OP theme song. “DAYS” by FLOW just had that sort of special rhythm to it that made it rather unforgettable. Those in the anime circle might have known FLOW from their earlier single “GO!!!” that was the 4th OP theme for Naruto, though. For me however, even after listening to “GO!!!” and even later “COLORS”, this is the song that made me become a fan of FLOW.

The opening segment of “DAYS” somehow reminds me of some 80s show, and the quick and light rhythm really made it easy to get into the song. The singing by Kohshi and Keigo really complemented each other. The violin in the background continues the vane that makes the song sound like an 80s theme song, but the guitar gives it a much more modern feel. In most songs, the middle is usually given to a vocal less or guitar solo section, but that is not the case in this song. There was the quick change of pace in the middle of the song when the rapping began, and the vocal less section doesn’t appear until the end of the song, when the violin kicks in again to finish the song.

The rest of the single, unfortunately is not as good. Not because they pale in comparison to “DAYS”, but they frankly are really not as good. “Journey” has the same feel to it as “GO!!!” and sounds a bit of regular J-Rock interlaced with rapping sections, and “Fun Time Delivery” is supposed to be this rather fun and laid back Okinawan sounding song but kinda failed to deliver as compared to say, Def Tech.

Overall, it was a pretty enjoyable single, even if the b-side songs are really not as good as the A-side track. However, if you don’t have any FLOW CDs yet, I would seriously recommend getting their singles collection album, “FLOW THE BEST ~Single Collection~”.

Rating: 4.5/5

FLOW – COLORS

“COLORS” by FLOW is probably their most famous song in the anime circle. As the first OP for 「コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ」(Code Geass Hangyaku no LaRouche), it really fitted the show. With a Big-Band sound from the opening segment, this song has the energy and atmosphere that fitted the epic show that is Code Geass.

The song started with a blare of trumpets with a rising crescendo of cymbals, and the vocals kicked in with enough energy and strength to wake anyone. As soon as the chorus ends, the song returns to a more moderate level with a melody that is still filled with energy. However, the pace changes yet again in a few line and the semi-rapping begins and kicks back into the chorus. In the middle of the song, the guitar solo creates a bit of freshness from the repeat of chorus and slow melody, but the song stays fast and strong. The formula repeated throughout the song until the very end when the song slows down and ends with an extended note.

As you can tell, I really loved the song for its energy and pace. Although I did find it a wee bit repetitious, it was really minor compared to its power and energy. I keep repeating the word “energy” for this song, and simply it had it in abundant. The b-side song “Astro Slide” continues the vain with its fast pace and energy, though it sounds a bit more of the normal J-Rock stuff. Unfortunately, the third song, “Love Dub” tries to be a relaxing laid back song a little too much and really didn’t fit in with the rest of the single. However, it does have a nice melody to it and the rhythm really is relaxing.

I have to say that even with “Love Dub” begin a bit out of place in this high energy single, this single is really good, and I could find little to dislike about all of the songs. I would highly recommend this single to anyone who like J-Rock, whether they are into anime or not.

Rating: 5/5

FLOW – Answer

“Answer” by FLOW is the OP theme for J-dorama「探偵学園Q」(Tantei Gakuen Q). Perhaps best known in the anime circle for their OP themes for Eureka 7 and Code Geass, “Days” and “Colors” (and of course, their two Naruto theme songs), their others songs are certainly just as good and I would recommend them to anyone who likes J-Rock. Answer is their latest release, and it is their 5th anniversary single with an important tie-in to a J-dorama.

“Answer” is probably my favorite FLOW song so far, with its electrifying guitar and great melody. I really loved the chorus section, and it makes me want to sing along every time I listen to the song. While the song could be said to be a little “commercial”, meaning the melody aimed to be easy to remember, there is little to complain about this song. The energy given by the song is invigorating, and it is every bit as good as I hoped.

The real surprise of the single though is how good the b-side tracks are. “Electric circus” started with some great guitar solo play, and the song is upbeat energy filled. The chorus section is a good combination and easily memorable and not so cookie cutter. “Steppers high” is another great song, with again, great energy and pace. The melody again is great, with abundant amount of chance in the song for the guitar to showoff.

It was a long wait for CDJapan to deliver this single to me, but I really loved this single since the first moment I started listening to it. Highly recommended to anyone who likes FLOW or just like J-Rock.

Rating: 5/5

Форум » ~~ FLOW ~~ » Информация » Оценки и комментарии песен (Взято с сайта http://uhsieh.wordpress.com/)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск: